Financial Compensation for Child’s Injuries in Las Vegas, NV: A Definitive Guide
If your child suffered a serious injury in a preventable accident, it is almost as if you were physically harmed as well. No parent is properly prepared to receive a phone call informing them that their child was badly injured in an accident caused by the careless or reckless actions of another.
If your child was seriously injured in an accident or suffered a pediatric injury, now is the time to take action by contacting the skilled attorneys with LV Personal Injury Lawyers.
We stand ready to fight on your behalf of your injured child and will pursue the financial restitution they are owed.
Examples of the Types of Injuries Suffered by Children
- Playground injuries involving falls or unsafe playground equipment.
- Burns or smoke inhalation involving lighters, matches, house fires or fireworks.
- Drownings, diving injuries, and other pool-related accidents.
- Whiplash, head trauma and other injuries from car and other vehicular accidents.
- Accidental poisonings from the ingestion of paint chips, cleaning solutions, medicines, cosmetics, personal care products, and plants.
- School bus accidents.
- Dog bites
Pediatric and Birth-Related Injuries
In addition to the injuries described above, there is a whole sub-set of serious harms that a child may suffer in a hospital setting. There are unfortunate instances when the careless or reckless actions of a doctor or nurse practitioner may cause severe damage to your child. Some of the injuries that can occur as a result of medical malpractice or medical negligence include:
Asphyxia occurs when an infant does not receive oxygen before, during or immediately after birth. Without oxygen, the cells in the body cannot function properly and acid builds up in the cells, potentially causing permanent injury to the baby. The severity of injury to the baby depends on the duration and severity of the asphyxia before treatment was administered.
- Birth paralysis is caused by spinal cord or nerve damage. In most cases, birth paralysis is the result of medical malpractice and should be investigated by a law firm as soon as possible.
- Cerebral palsy is a motor coordination disability resulting from damage to the brain before or during birth.
- Brachial plexus injuries can cause long-term damage in the neck, shoulder, and arm. Brachial plexus injuries commonly result from shoulder dystocia during birth.
- Shoulder dystocia occurs when, during a difficult birth, the anterior shoulder of the infant becomes impacted below the mother’s pelvic bone.
- Erb’s palsy can result in partial or total paralysis of the face, arm or hands. Erb’s palsy is typically the result of shoulder dystocia or other damage to the brachial plexus.
In Nevada, What is “Personal Injury” Defined As?
In Nevada, as per Statute 217.050, a person, regardless of age, who endures an injury because of any kind of recklessness, negligence, or carelessness, could potentially qualify for monetary compensation to cover their losses and harms. Recoverable restitution from a civil claim may cover expenses pertaining to:
- Suffering and pain.
- Wages lost.
- Medical bills.
What Damages Can Be Pursued for an Injured Child
The monetary compensation our legal firm will pursue on behalf of clients cover costs that come with your medical treatment and care. After we figure out what your long and short-term emotional and physical needs will be, we will establish an impactful strategy to hold negligent property owners responsible. Types of recoverable monetary compensation in personal injury claims may include the following:
- Reimbursement for the medical care of your child, which includes existing and upcoming medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, and prescription medications.
- Restitution for future income capacity, particularly if a child is left permanently or partially disabled.
- Suffering and pain, which includes emotional and physical stress.
Is It Expensive To Hire a Child Accident Injury Attorney in Las Vegas?
There are no upfront costs to retain services of respected and skilled personal injury lawyers in Las Vegas. The reason for this is that, in many cases involving injuries, attorneys work on the basis of contingency fees.
This kind of arrangement lets the party who sustained the injury employ a professional lawyer without the need to cover legal expenses. When contingency fees are arranged, the fees your attorney will charge you will be paid through the judgment or settlement (the former of which depends on the case being taken to trial). Don’t forget – you, the client, have the authority to either decline or accepts any settlement offers made to you. That way, you will be aware of what you are specifically getting after agreeing to settle the personal injury claim of your child.
What Our Clients Say
I suffered a devastating auto accident in Las Vegas due to someone else's fault. I was fortunate enough to call LV Personal Injury Lawyers who helped me in the most effective and client-friendly way possible.
Further, many personal injury lawyers in Las Vegas will deduct expenses fronted by an attorney. The percentage of the contingency fee will differ as per the case type and the date of resolution.
Receive the Monetary Restitution You’re Entitled to – Get in Touch with LV Personal Injury Lawyers Today
Contact the aggressive and skilled Las Vegas injury attorney Zachary D. Clayton with our firm today so we can get to work on behalf of your injured child. We will never charge an hourly fee for our services and will tirelessly to get the compensation your child deserves.
To schedule a free, confidential case evaluation with one of our legal counsel, call us or contact us online.