Injured in Las Vegas? Here is What You Need to Know
Whether you were injured in an auto accident, motorcycle crash, slip and fall at a casino or hotel, harmed by medical malpractice, etc. it is extremely important to obtain top-notch personal injury representation.
Why? Because large insurance companies often try to take advantage of people who were seriously harmed in an accident and lack adequate legal representation.
Many insurance companies quickly contact accident victims and offer quick, lowball settlements. The objective is not to help you or ensure you are adequately compensated for your harms and losses. The aim is to get you to agree to a settlement before you have had the opportunity to speak to a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer Zachary D. Clayton or be examined by experienced medical professionals for a thorough assessment of your injuries.
Types of Injury Cases We Handle Every Day
- Injuries Suffered in Serious Auto Accidents – A severe collision between two or more vehicles can leave victims suffering from significant bodily injuries or even result in death. Unfortunately, severe car wrecks are quite common in and around Las Vegas. For example, according to Nevada’s Department of Public Safety, there were more than 330 deadly car accidents in 2018, which was a six percent jump from the year prior. If a victim is fortunate enough to survive a serious collision, they can be left with major, potentially catastrophic injuries, including multiple broken bones, internal bleeding, lost limbs, nerve damage, torn muscles and ligaments, etc.
- Injuries Suffered by Pedestrians Hit While Crossing the Street – As many Nevada residents know, there are a plethora of sights and attractions to see in Las Vegas without ever entering a casino. From the ‘Welcome to Las Vegas’ sign on the south end of town to the Conservatory Gardens on the north end, residents and visitors alike have the ability to enjoy spending entire days out walking and exploring the city. Unfortunately, this presents a serious risk of pedestrians getting hit by motorists while crossing the street or while on a busy sidewalk. This is likely why pedestrian accidents in Las Vegas and surrounding Clark County are among the highest in the United States.
- Traumatic Brain Injury – A significant brain injury can adversely impact an individual for the rest of their life. It is common for brain injury victims to suffer a loss of memory, sudden changes in mood, and encounter trouble sleeping. When a brain injury is traumatic, it can leave an accident victim paralyzes, suffering from a loss of speech, and other devastating harms and permanent damage.
- Spinal Cord Injury – A spinal cord injury can result in an accident victim enduring pain and trauma for the rest of their life. Serious facet injuries or discogenic (disc or disk) injuries often require months of rehabilitation (e.g., branch blocks, rhizotomies, epidural injections and may require multiple surgeries to correct. In severe instances, a spinal cord injury can leave someone paralyzed.
- Injuries Suffered in a Slip and Fall at a Las Vegas Hotel, Casino, or Other Business – According to the Centers for Disease Control, 1-in-5 slip and fall accidents lead to serious bodily injuries, including fractured bones, head injuries, spinal cord damage, torn muscles or Achilles, etc.
- Injuries Suffered in Uber, Lyft and/or Taxi Accidents – Las Vegas streets are often inundated with both residents and tourists. These individuals often seek transport from Uber drivers, Lyft drivers, and taxi cab operators. When a severe accident occurs in Clark County, NV due to the negligence or carelessness of an Uber driver, Lyft driver, or taxi driver, the victim of the crash can likely pursue financial restitution for their harms and losses.
- Amputations & Fractures – When a pedestrian’s foot is run over by a car, a construction worker’s hand is dismembered in a machine, or an adult’s leg is mangled in a car crash, a lifetime of challenges will follow. Compound fractures, the loss of a limb, and other disfiguring injuries to the limbs require extensive medical treatment, including ongoing rehabilitative therapy.
- Electrocution Injuries – Electricity is a powerful force that must be handled with great care. When contractors improperly install electrical boxes or a utility pole collapses due to inadequate maintenance, electrocution can occur, resulting in serious, even fatal, injuries.
- Whiplash Injury Suffered in Automobile Collision – It is quite common for a car accident victim to suffer whiplash, which is a neck injury caused by a sudden jerking motion. Defendants often portray these injuries as minor, but in reality, the effects of whiplash can be severe and last for weeks, months, or even years. You may even have to undergo extensive physical therapy and related treatments.
What Are Some Examples of Recoverable Forms of Financial Restitution in Nevada?
If you or a family member was seriously harmed in an accident caused by the reckless or careless actions of another individual or company, you likely have a legal basis to pursue financial restitution for:
- Medical expenses, including rehabilitation costs;
- Lost wages (both immediate lost income and lost future income)
- Pain and suffering damages.
What Makes Our Law Firm Different?
If you are conducting research to find an attorney to handle your personal injury case, you may be feeling overwhelmed. There are many law firms in the Las Vegas area offering their legal services. How do you make the best decision?
Well, we believe that the best injury lawyer in Las Vegas, Nevada should be part of a law firm that takes the time to understand your unique challenges and needs and fight to help you get the best recovery possible. This is what makes LV Personal Injury Lawyers unique and different. With our firm, you are treated like family, not just a file number.
In addition to personalized representation, you can take comfort in knowing that our legal team possesses years of combined experience in handling complex injury cases. Our attorneys also have a track record of taking on corporations and insurance companies and holding them accountable in state and federal courts.
Our injury attorneys are local. They are able to effectively access a strong network of investigators, experts, and medical professionals who can help build a strong and compelling personal injury claim for you. Additionally, if we are unable to reach a fair settlement with the insurance company, we will not hesitate to take your case to court and advocate on your behalf before a jury.
To the members of LV Personal Injury Lawyers, an injury caused by a preventable accident is one that should be treated effectively and the victim should be compensated appropriately.
Call Now to Schedule a Free, Confidential Case Review
What Our Clients Say
I suffered a devastating auto accident in Las Vegas due to someone else's fault. I was fortunate enough to call LV Personal Injury Lawyers who helped me in the most effective and client-friendly way possible.
If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries in a preventable accident, we are here to help. Contact our Las Vegas personal injury law firm today to schedule a free, confidential case review.
You can contact Zachary D. Clayton or one of our team members online or call us.