Suffered an Eye Injury in a Las Vegas Accident? You May Be Eligible for Financial Recovery
Suffering an eye injury can be debilitating, and even life-changing. Depending on the severity of your eye injury, you may be permanently blinded in one or both eyes.
Your eyes are delicate, and if they are subjected to trauma, it could very well result in permanent loss of your vision. Public data indicates that more than two million people suffer traumatic eye injuries each year. The majority of these injuries result from car accidents.
Examples of Eye Injuries
Below is a general overview of the types of eye injuries that may occur in preventable accidents in or around Las Vegas.
- Non-penetrating eye injury – the eyeball is intact, but the protective rings around the eye have been affected
- Muscular entrapment eye injury – this occurs when the injury stems from a blunt force to the eye causing the inside of the skull to fracture along with the bone beneath or around the eyeball.
- “Blowout” fracture – this occurs when the eye socket receives a blunt force, and the eye socket either dislodges the eyeball or hinders the ability of the eye to function correctly.
- Penetrating eye injury – this occurs when the eyeball itself is injured or pierced, which may include injury of the inner eye and damage to all nerve and ocular function.
Financial Restitution for Eye Injuries Suffered in Nevada Automobile Accidents
It is quite common for someone to suffer an eye injury in a serious auto accident. For example, someone could suffer a significant blow to the eye socket or have shattered glass penetrate the eye during the collision. Recovering from an eye injury may necessitate expensive and lengthy treatments, including potential surgery (or multiple surgeries).
Even then, the damage to your eye could be permanent. If your eye injury was caused by the careless actions of someone else, you may be able to pursue monetary compensation for your harms and losses, including:
- Medical costs associated with the treatment of your Eye injury
- Ongoing physical therapy
- Lost income due to your injury preventing you from working
- Pain and suffering that resulted from the injury
- Any permanent disability
How to Prevail in an Eye Injury Case in Las Vegas?
The exact circumstances surrounding each accident and associated injury are unique, so the legal strategy for your case may be different. Nevertheless, there are certain fundamental requirements associated with succeeding in an eye injury lawsuit.
If your eye injury occurred in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident, you need to establish that the other motorist owed you a duty of care, they breached that duty of care, the breach proximately caused your bodily injuries, and you can produce evidence substantiating your claim that you were harmed.
What an Eye Injury Attorney in Las Vegas Can Do For You
There are a myriad of benefits associated with hiring a skilled and respected Las Vegas eye injury lawyer Zachary D. Clayton. Here are just a few things an attorney can do you for:
- Hiring a personal injury attorney allows you to focus on your recovery so you do not have to worry and stress about negotiating with the insurance company.
- You will have access to a team of dedicated and respected attorneys with deep roots in the Las Vegas community, along with experienced staff such as investigators and paralegals
- The lawyers and their team will gather all necessary evidence, including doctors’ files, police reports, forensic evidence, photographs of the accident scene and/or witness statements
- The law firm will thoroughly scrutinize the opposing arguments to point out their weaknesses
- The law firm will retain expert testimony to further bolster your personal injury case
- The law firm will provide zealous representation through all phases of the injury claims process, including all the way to trial, if needed.
Contact LV Personal Injury Lawyers So We Can Get to Work on Your Behalf
If you or a loved one suffered a serious eye injury in a preventable accident caused by the careless or reckless actions of another party or company, do not delay in speaking to a lawyer. You only have a finite amount of time to pursue legal action due to the statute of limitations (generally two years starting from the date of the accident).
What Our Clients Say
I suffered a devastating auto accident in Las Vegas due to someone else's fault. I was fortunate enough to call LV Personal Injury Lawyers who helped me in the most effective and client-friendly way possible.
To schedule a free, confidential case evaluation with Zachary D. Clayton, Esq. – an experienced attorney associated with LV Personal Injury Lawyers, call us or contact us online.