Internal Injury and Trauma Caused by Negligence: Get Compensation You Deserve
Suffering a serious injury to your internal organs (e.g., spleen, liver, kidney, or heart) carries significant ramifications and may leave you permanently damaged or at risk of losing your life.
These types of bodily injuries can lead to a wrongful death because when a major organ like the liver or kidney is subjected to intense trauma in a car accident, motorcycle accident, truck wreck, etc. heavy internal bleeding, swelling, and accompanied injuries may occur.
Internal Organs Commonly Damaged in Serious Automobile Accidents
- Liver injury – Blunt trauma to your liver in an auto accident can leave you with significant internal bleeding, an inability to process bodily waste, and other major harms. The overall size of your makes it prone to approximately five percent of all traumas.
- Spleen injury – Internal spleen injuries normally come in the form of trauma-induced ruptures to the spleen. As the spleen acts primarily as a blood filter, blunt trauma to the spleen is one of the main contributors to internal bleeding.
- Kidney injury – Internal kidney injuries, similar to spleen injuries, are almost always a result of blunt abdominal trauma. Internal kidney injuries can lead to blood in your urine, sharp abdominal pain, and abdominal tenderness.
- Heart injury – Suffering a significant impact to your chest against a steering wheel or airbag during a car crash may lead to myocardial contusion, or bruising of the heart muscle, leading to a “racing heart” feeling or severe chest pain.
If you or someone you loved are suffering from an internal body injury stemming from an accident that could have been prevented, it is imperative for you to speak with an aggressive and experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyer and figure out what your options are, legally speaking.
It may be possible for you to have financial restitution pursued for your losses and harms, particularly if your internal damages are extreme and are not expected to be fully restored.
Monetary Compensation for Internal Body Injuries Sustained in an Automobile Accident in Las Vegas
It isn’t unusual for people to experience an internal body injury from a serious automobile accident. If the actions taken by another person caused internal organ injuries, it may be possible for you to pursue financial compensation for your losses and harms. This may include:
- All permanent disabilities.
- Suffering and pain that came about because of the injury.
- Missing income because of the injury, which prevents you from being active at work.
- Regular physical therapy.
- Medical expenses associated with treating your internal injuries.
Filing a Lawsuit Involving Internal Injuries in the City of Las Vegas
Specificities are different for every accident, as are the injuries that come with them. As such, the strategies necessary for your legal case will not be the same as anyone else’s. Having said that, there are some criteria involved if you wish to file a lawsuit involving internal organ injuries.
If the injuries to your heart, liver, kidney, spleen, or other parts of your body happened because of a vehicular accident, you must prove that the motorist that hit you failed to offer you a duty of care, that the duty of care was breached, that it resulted in injuries to your body by proximity, and that you are able to provide evidence backing up your claims.
The Clock is Ticking – Overview of the Statute of Limitations
Someone who suffered a serious internal injury in Las Vegas needs to keep in mind that they have only a limited window of time to seek financial restitution for their harms and losses through personal injury litigation.
With a few limited exceptions, someone who is injured in a preventable accident must file a personal injury lawsuit within two years from the date the injury is discovered or occurs. This is known as the statute of limitations. This is extremely important since letting the statute of limitations lapse can torpedo your case. In fact, if the statute of limitations has expired, a Nevada court will likely refuse to hear your case.
What Our Clients Say
I suffered a devastating auto accident in Las Vegas due to someone else's fault. I was fortunate enough to call LV Personal Injury Lawyers who helped me in the most effective and client-friendly way possible.
Contact LV Personal Injury Lawyers To Schedule a Free, Confidential Case Review
If you or a family member suffered a serious internal injury in a preventable accident caused by the careless or reckless actions of another party or company, it is strongly recommended that you speak to an attorney.
Why? Because serious injuries may involve hospitalization, rehabilitation, lost time with family, inability to work, all of which can contribute to you suffering extreme anxiety and financial distress. This is where a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer Adam Williams can help. They will work to ensure your rights are protected and that you receive the full amount of financial restitution owed.
To schedule a free, confidential case evaluation with an experienced attorney associated with LV Personal Injury Lawyers, call us or contact us online.