Tour Bus Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
Tour buses are an excellent way to see the sights of Las Vegas. At any time of the day in Clark County, you will see tour buses showing tourists the sights.
Traveling by bus is cost-effective and relatively safe, but when an accident happens, passengers can suffer serious and even fatal injuries.
Causes of Bus Accidents in Nevada
There are many reasons that tour bus accidents happen in Las Vegas. If the bus driver or company is negligent, you may need the services of a Las Vegas personal injury attorney to obtain compensation:
- Faulty bus equipment: Many tour bus accidents are preventable if the bus is properly maintained. But bus companies may skip needed maintenance and repairs to save money. Bus brakes, tires and engines may be improperly maintained and cause serious accidents.
- Driver inattention: Tour bus drivers need to watch the road, monitor passengers and sometimes talk about the sights of the city. Drivers who do not pay close enough attention to the road can cause accidents. Some bus drivers have even been known to talk or text on a cell phone while driving, which is illegal.
- Lack of driver experience: Tour bus companies need to vet, train and supervise their bus drivers. Drivers who do not have enough training or experience should not be allowed to drive. Some bus drivers may have previous traffic violations that were not caught by a tour bus company, as well.
- Driver fatigue: There are federal laws in place to stop bus drivers from driving for too many hours without rest. Drivers who are in violation of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations may be held accountable for damages they cause when they fall asleep while driving.
- Dangerous roads: Some tour bus accidents may be caused by dangerous road conditions, such as huge potholes, or a highway with a defective guardrail. In these cases, the government entity responsible for maintaining the road could be held liable in a personal injury lawsuit.
- Defective bus parts: Tour bus crashes also happen from vehicle defects or malfunctioning parts, such as tires or brakes.
Who Is Liable In a Tour Bus Crash in Nevada?
In a tour bus crash, there are several parties that could be potentially liable for your injuries. If the tour bus accident was caused by driver negligence, the driver and/or the employer can be held liable. If the bus crash happened because of negligent hiring or poor maintenance, the tour bus operator may be held liable.
If a dangerous road condition contributed to the crash, the federal, state or local government agency responsible for repairing and maintaining the road could be held responsible. If a defective part or vehicle defect caused the crash, the tour bus manufacturer or maker of the defective part could be held responsible.
Compensation in a Tour Bus Accident
Tour bus companies in Las Vegas have the highest duty of care to bus passengers. If you are hurt in a Las Vegas tour bus accident, you may demand compensation for medical costs, lost earnings, hospitalization, long term or permanent injuries, pain and suffering, disability, and emotional trauma.
If you are hurt in a tour bus crash, it is important to get as much information from the crash scene as you can, including the license plate of the bus, name of the company’s insurance company, contact information for passengers, and that of any witnesses to the crash.
If possible, take cell phone pictures of the bus, the scene of the accident and injuries to you and others in the accident. And get immediate medical care after the crash; this is important not just for your health, but for potential legal action later.
Hurt in a Tour Bus Accident? Contact LV Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one was seriously hurt in a tour bus accident, you may have very serious injuries, such as head trauma, broken bones, internal injuries, and emotional trauma. If that was not bad enough, you could have a stack of medical bills that you cannot pay, and other out-of-pocket expenses, plus lost work time.
What Our Clients Say
I suffered a devastating auto accident in Las Vegas due to someone else's fault. I was fortunate enough to call LV Personal Injury Lawyers who helped me in the most effective and client-friendly way possible.
Zachary D. Clayton – the skilled and aggressive attorney with LV Personal Injury Lawyers – is here to help. If tour bus driver and/or company was negligent, you may be entitled to financial restitution for your harms and losses.
Please contact our Las Vegas accident attorneys today for a free, confidential case review.