Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
Many Americans today enjoy driving recreational vehicles or RVs. Some of these vehicles are almost as comfortable as your own home. However, due to their sheer size and weight, RVs can be a serious hazard to other drivers on Las Vegas roads and highways.
Motorhomes come in many sizes and shapes, and some can be as long as a big rig. But while drivers of commercial tractor-trailers need to have a commercial driver’s license, it only requires a regular driver’s license to drive an RV on the open road. But RVs are trickier to drive than a car or even a large SUV because they are longer and taller than personal vehicles.
Common Causes of Recreational Vehicle Accidents in Nevada
- Taking a turn too fast. Most RV drivers are used to driving much smaller vehicles. If you take a turn in a big RV at the same speed as a sedan, it is almost certain an accident, such as a rollover, will occur.
- Underestimating space needed to make a turn. Like a tractor-trailer, an RV takes a much wider turn radius than a smaller vehicle.
- Inability to see other vehicles. Even though RVs have large side mirrors, it is still possible for smaller vehicles to be in the blind spot on the left or right side. If the RV moves over into a lane with a vehicle in it, the resulting crash can be catastrophic.
- Improperly securing items the RV is towing. You are required to ensure that any trailer or vehicle you are towing is safely secured. It is common for trailers to get loose and slam into other vehicles behind.
- Overloading the RV. RVs, like any vehicle, can only carry so much weight safely. Check your owner’s manual to ensure what the safe load limit is for your RV.
- Miscalculating stopping distance. RVs weigh easily 10 times what a car does and will take longer to stop.
When an RV is involved in an accident, it is possible the RV can roll or tip over. This can make a bad accident even worse. The RV also may sideswipe or rear-end another vehicle. Sometimes, the items being towed on the back of the RV can become loose and hit vehicles behind the RV.
Another problem with RVs is that there are instances where the driver is simply incapable of operating the vehicle safely and effectively. Make no mistake about it, RVs are complicated to maneuver and generally require the operator to have special licensure.
What Is the Cost of Retaining the Services of an RV Accident Attorney in Las Vegas?
In many accident injury cases (which includes RV accident injuries), the Las Vegas-based attorney you hire will be paid by contingency fees. What that means is that there are no upfront costs paid out of your pocket to receive an attorney’s services. The lawyer’s fee will be subtracted from your case’s final settlement – or from a trial’s final verdict.
Further, many Las Vegas accident injury attorneys, which includes Zachary D. Clayton, will subtract expenses that they fronted. The specific percentage of the contingency fee will differ as per the case type and its resolution date.
Advantages of Using an Experienced Las Vegas Attorney Specializing in Motor Vehicle Accidents
There are a number of advantages that come with hiring an experienced motor vehicle accident lawyer, such as Zachary D. Clayton. To begin with, hiring a lawyer lets you concentrate on recovering. That way, you needn’t worry about the stress that comes with insurance agency negotiations.
When the services of Nevada accident lawyers are retained, a firm of ethical, respected, and dedicated professionals will represent you, each of which have community roots in the city. You’ll also have a group of skilled legal assistants, investigators, and paralegals working on your case to ensure that all bases are covered.
Whether we are assessing medical evidence, in negotiations with insurance company adjusters, or conducting interviews with witnesses, we will do everything it takes to make sure you receive the monetary compensation you are entitled to, when you require it.
What Our Clients Say
I suffered a devastating auto accident in Las Vegas due to someone else's fault. I was fortunate enough to call LV Personal Injury Lawyers who helped me in the most effective and client-friendly way possible.
Seriously Injured in an RV Accident? Contact LV Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in an accident involving an RV, you are likely struggling with significant injuries. The skilled and aggressive attorneys with LV Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help. If the recreational vehicle driver was negligent, you may be entitled to financial restitution for your harms and losses.
Please contact Zachary D. Clayton, Esq. today for a free, confidential case review.